Located in Lynnwood, the Olympus Spa offers an escape like no other. This women-only sanctuary is a safe, calm, and liberating space. Unwind and rejuvenate in an atmosphere of tranquility. Here, we present the ultimate guide to help you make the most of your visit. Let’s ensure you’re well-prepared to enjoy all that this unique spa has to offer.
Upon arrival, you’ll notice that the Olympus Spa is unlike any other spa you’ve been to. The experience begins as you enter the unassuming strip mall in Lynnwood and step inside this oasis of relaxation. The first thing to remember is that this is a women-only spa. This provides a safe and comfortable environment for visitors.
At the front desk, the staff will assign you a number that you’ll use throughout your visit. This number will also serve to identify your belongings, which you can securely stow away in a numbered cubby. Additionally, you’ll receive a key for a cubby in the back. The size is ideal for storing up to a medium-sized bag and coat. These numbered cubbies are also available in the pool room. Thus allowing you to leave your towel and other personal items with ease.
Once you check in and get your cubby number, you’ll remove your shoes before heading to the back.
The staff hands you a towel for your hair and one for your body. I recommend putting the towels in your locker first, so you don’t have to carry them around room to room.
What Order Should I Go In?
The short answer: Any order you like! But here’s what I think is ideal.
The Rooms at Olympus Spa
One of the most unique aspects of the Olympus Spa is its variety of rooms, each offering a distinct experience. Here’s a brief overview of some of the different rooms you can explore:
- Cabin Room: This log cabin room resembles a cozy ski chalet, providing a warm and inviting space for relaxation.
- Himalayan Salt Room: The Himalayan Salt Room is not only a peaceful sanctuary but also offers potential health benefits. These include improved respiratory health and relaxation due to the properties of pink Himalayan salt.
- Sand Rooms: Featuring a floor covered in sand under canvas. These Sand Rooms allow you to enjoy the sensation of soft sand without any worries about it getting everywhere.
- Charcoal Room: In this room, you’ll find charred charcoal logs stacked around, and you can lay on the F.I.R. (Far Infrared Radiant) flooring for ultimate relaxation.
5. Reading Room: You can bring E-Readers or Kindles, but cell phones are not permitted anywhere in the spa. This room is a quiet space for reading and relaxation.
6. Jade and Mud Room: This room features a beautiful mosaic on the ceiling. One of the hottest rooms, this provides a unique atmosphere for relaxation and rejuvenation.
7. Chill Room: Only 60 degrees, the Chill Room offers a perfect place to cool down after spending time in the hotter rooms.
The Tea Room can be a bit confusing for first-time visitors. To enjoy a cup, you must go to the front desk to request a “tea tag,” which you then take to the restaurant. There, you’ll receive a cup to take back to the tea room. Remember not to use the cups in the tea room’s cubby; they have already been used by someone else.
The main waiting area (not the lobby) is equipped with comfortable couches, chairs, reading material, and giant Love Sacs. This makes it a perfect place to relax between spa sessions, or wait for friends.
F.I.R. (Far Infrared Radiant) Flooring: Many of the rooms at the Olympus Spa feature F.I.R. flooring. This innovative technology provides various health benefits, including improved circulation, pain relief, and detoxification.
One of the highlights of Olympus Spa is the Hydrotherapy Room. Here you can experience whirlpools at varying temperatures, ranging from 90 to 104 degrees. Some of the features include:
- Hot Baths: Perfect for relaxation and soothing sore muscles.
- Cold Plunge Pool with Waterfall: Experience a refreshing dip in a 60-degree pool. Plus, you’re accompanied by the soothing sound of a waterfall.
- Herbal Dry Sauna: Detoxify and rejuvenate in a herbal-infused sauna.
- Mugwort Basin: Pour the mugwort well over your body as a unique feature designed for use after showering. It’s a ritual worth trying for its relaxing and therapeutic benefits.
What to Bring
When visiting the Olympus Spa, it’s best to keep things simple. You won’t need much:
- Comfortable Clothes: Bring comfy clothing for before and after your spa sessions.
- Non-Glass Water Bottle: Hydrate with a non-glass water bottle to stay refreshed.
- Snacks: If you have food allergies it’s a good idea to bring your own snacks. Food is not permitted in the rooms or pools.
- The spa provides a cotton cap and robe for your convenience.
Important Rules and Guidelines
The Olympus Spa operates on a few fundamental principles to ensure a welcoming and hygienic environment:
- No Shoes: Shoes are not allowed inside the spa, promoting cleanliness and comfort.
- No Clothes in Pools: In keeping with the spa’s ethos of freedom and relaxation, there’s a strict no-clothes policy in the pools. You must shower before entering the pools. If you are uncomfortable, you may wear a towel around you.
- No Phones: The Olympus Spa strictly prohibits the use of cell phones on the premises. This rule not only promotes relaxation but also ensures the comfort and privacy of all visitors. You will be asked to leave if seen on your phone. (Phones are allowed for texting only in the restaurant and tea room).
The Olympus Spa is a unique and empowering destination that offers a safe and calming haven for women. Its variety of rooms and hydrotherapy options create a space where you can truly relax and rejuvenate.
This guide will help ensure you’re well-prepared to make the most of your visit. By abiding by these tips and guidelines, you’ll be free to embrace the serene atmosphere of the Olympus Spa. We hope you make your visit a truly unforgettable experience.